Oct 14, 2006

From my Studio Window

Other than the 8 flight walk, Myron has a sweet building for the studios. He leases two 5,000 square foot floors from an old textile warehouse. The studio's second floor, which is the fourth floor of the building, has many windows and several extremely large patio-like glass doors.

Being that high up you really get some nice views of Coplay's Pennsylvania landscape. Out of one window you see an old bridge. The angle the bridge takes in relationship to the rectangle of the window frame is quite impressive. It's calming to see how pássage dissolves the bridge behind the tree line as it directs the viewer's eye to a small town across the way.

Well from my studio window... I get a wonderful view of the Giant grocery store and its parking lot. And though that may seem facetious, it isn't. I really enjoy some of the remarkable views that are created out my window. Because the view is high above the horizon line the relationship of sky to land ratio is very different then if we were walking on the streets. So some times the sky makes some interesting gestures has it interacts with the earth below. Check out some of the pictures from my window.


1 comment:

Dartagnan said...

If you're still checking this blog - I'd like to know where I can watch the old documentary on Myron Barnstone you used to have on Vimeo. Thanks