Mar 17, 2006

Marjolein Bastin

Marjolein is a modern Dutch illustrator. She lives is The Netherlands were she takes care of her animals, gardens and of course illustrations. I found her, due to my curiosity regarding some greeting cards and a plate my mother. When visiting my mother, I noticed these neat greeting cards. The emblem “MB” was on the back of the card. The illustration style and signature mark seemed very familiar. It took a moment. Then it hit me, The Plate!, with the little bird illustration that decorates the computer table. Sure enough, it was the same illustrator. I goggled her and found her site (www.marjoleinbastin.com). I really enjoyed art works and reading about her life’s passions. But what impressed me the most was how she entwines them both. Her passion for garden life and art makes her, in my point of view, a wonderful illustrator and an inspiring example of Art-hood

Here is one of her of her illustrated characters, Vera.

No comments: