Jan 5, 2006

Aladdin Mediterranean Restaurant

I was leaving this gas station when I noticed the word "Aladdin" which is the English verse of Aladine. The restaurant was open since it was lunch time... so I went in. I talked to the owner's wife who was from Turkey. I order the Chicken Kebab, which was marinated chicken breast cubes, served in a pita bread with hummus, lettuce and tomatoes.

I also tried Hummus, Baba Ghannoui and Tabouleh. Check out the recipes for these dishes.
HUMMUS
Chickpeas pureed with tahini, lemon juice, garlic with touch of olive oil.
BABA GHANNOUI
Smoked eggplant pureed with tahini, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil.
TABOULEH
Mediterranean parsley salad, with cracked wheat, mint, onions, tomatoes, oil and lemon juices. Served over lettuce and pita bread.


If you are in the Reading,PA area check out "Aladdin Mediterranean Restaurant" 401 Penn Ave. West Reading,PA 19611 (610) 685-6677

No comments: