Jan 8, 2006

The Vargas Seal

I created a seal that represents the "Classic Spirit" inspired by Kenya Cox's essay on the Classic Spirit, Japanese red signature blocks and signature graphics or icons found in the many great American illustrators like Rockwell or mural artists like Cox.

Because of the "Classic Spirit" I wanted to created a seal that has an old world... maybe an ancient Roman feel to it. I accomplished it.



The seal has the Vargas signature inscribed into the seal. Of course this is the presents of me, but also both the presents of my ancestors and my descendant.



There is a set of numbers 09,19, 20, 76. When read as 09 20 1976, it is the day it all started, the day I was born.



At the bottom of the seal it reads "La Vida es Bella." La Vida es Bella, means "Life is Beautiful." This is a phrase I found say to remember myself of this truth. Because I do believe this to be the case. Life is so so so beautiful and we should always appreciate it.



At the top of the seal there is a banner that crosses over the extended "V" in Vargas. The intersection of the banner and the "v" is the representation of my faith. Though I don't consider myself of any religious Christian or non-christian sect within the American culture as of the year of 2006; I do though, have a very strong faith in the power of self, in the power of community and the power and spiritual efficiency of the "Christ", which in my opinion was first evident in the example and life of Jesus of Nazareth. This banner is the standard for "real living" and the inscription on it also illuminates this idea concept.



The letters "de, si, gn, so, lo" read together as "design solo" or translated as "design only."



I believe to be successful in Art, life and participating in any type of relationship that the understanding of design is key. Designing, engineering, planning a career, a family, a life and work of Art is the only way to have some higher level of insurance in its success.

No comments: